Ink Slingers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ink Slingers

A hangout for writers.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Don't send entire manuscript!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
callie
Bookmark Poster

Accolades : 2

Don't send entire manuscript! Empty
PostSubject: Don't send entire manuscript!   Don't send entire manuscript! EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:02 pm

I always feel more comfortable with potential magazines who wish their writers to query instead of sending the entire manuscript. Not only do they NOT want to waste their time they're also not wasting the authors. Plus it just seems to me these types of publiations (those requesting queries only) pay better.
Back to top Go down
EvaBrick
Bookmark Poster
EvaBrick

Accolades : 5

Don't send entire manuscript! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Don't send entire manuscript!   Don't send entire manuscript! EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 5:02 pm

I suppose it depends on the stature and submission guidelines of the magazine. The New Yorker and Asimov's for instance, wants the whole story (for fiction anyway) and I really doubt they'd steal it. It's good to be cautious, but magazine's don't stay in business if they're ripping people off.

Have you ever checked out Predators and Editors? I always check with them before I send anything out. They're great!
Back to top Go down

Don't send entire manuscript!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ink Slingers :: Nuts and Bolts :: Scams-
Jump to: