Ink Slingers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ink Slingers

A hangout for writers.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Short fic: CHOKE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EmJay
Bookmark Poster
EmJay

Accolades : 2

Short fic: CHOKE Empty
PostSubject: Short fic: CHOKE   Short fic: CHOKE EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 4:17 pm

How's this sound? It's still a bit rough. Writing

CHOKE

Lucy glanced in her rear-view mirror. It was still there. She pressed down harder on the gas pedal, but she couldn't get away from the dark, dirty thing that chased her down the road.

She sank lower in her seat as the roar echoed behind her. Why had she gone down that dirt road alone in the dark? She almost hadn't made it back... but damnit, there was no way she was going to let those jerks treat her like such a... such a girl.

She looked in the mirror again and gasped in shock as the grey-blue specter rushed up behind her car, reaching for her, stealing her air.

Lucy kicked herself. How could she have been stupid enough to drive over that big stone and broken the muffler?

Back to top Go down
Irelandalucia

Accolades : 5

PostSubject: Re: Short fic: CHOKE   Short fic: CHOKE EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 7:10 am

Hi Em Jay,
I liked the concept but a couple of things distracted me a little;

[but damnit, there was no way she was going to let those jerks treat her like such a... such a girl.]

This did nothing for the story and i felt was unnecessary, perhaps you could have added to the tension by more explanation of what she was feeling rather than why

hope this is of some use.
Best regards
D
Back to top Go down
EmJay
Bookmark Poster
EmJay

Accolades : 2

PostSubject: Re: Short fic: CHOKE   Short fic: CHOKE EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 9:34 am

I put that part in because I was trying to imply that she had gone somewhere scary on a dare, which was made by some guys who don't think much of her because she's just a girl. It's not really possible to include much backstory in flash fiction because you have to keep it short, but I'll look it over and see if I can re-word that a bit.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short fic: CHOKE   Short fic: CHOKE Empty

Back to top Go down

Short fic: CHOKE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ink Slingers :: The Workshop :: Reading Room-
Jump to: