Ink Slingers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ink Slingers

A hangout for writers.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I can't decide the best way to begin my thriller

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kenteicher@nyc.rr.com

kenteicher@nyc.rr.com

Accolades : 0

I can't decide the best way to begin my thriller Empty
PostSubject: I can't decide the best way to begin my thriller   I can't decide the best way to begin my thriller EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:44 pm

I have two scenes in my opening chapter that are now out of chronological sequence. I've done this because the scene I open with deals with one of my MC on a plane that is unsuccessfully attacked by terrorists. I think it is a very exciting scene and will capture a readers interest. However, it is in the next scene that my second MC invites the first for a visit. He agrees to come and that's when his plane is attacked.

So, is it more important to keep the story in the proper chronological order or attempt to entice the reader even though the scenes are out of time sequence?
Back to top Go down
EmJay
Bookmark Poster
EmJay

Accolades : 2

PostSubject: Re: I can't decide the best way to begin my thriller   I can't decide the best way to begin my thriller EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:22 am

I'd drop the invite scene altogether. Sounds a bit dull.
Back to top Go down
kenteicher@nyc.rr.com

kenteicher@nyc.rr.com

Accolades : 0

PostSubject: Re: I can't decide the best way to begin my thriller   I can't decide the best way to begin my thriller EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:53 am

EmJay wrote:
I'd drop the invite scene altogether. Sounds a bit dull.

Yeah, I at last came to that conclusion and have removed the scene. I'm adding some of the critical information from that scene in other places where it fits well.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I can't decide the best way to begin my thriller   I can't decide the best way to begin my thriller Empty

Back to top Go down

I can't decide the best way to begin my thriller
Page 1 of 1