Ink Slingers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ink Slingers

A hangout for writers.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I'm not that desperate, thanks.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
InkSlinger
Admin
InkSlinger

Accolades : 10

I'm not that desperate, thanks. Empty
PostSubject: I'm not that desperate, thanks.   I'm not that desperate, thanks. EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 8:03 pm

A while back, I found a quirky ezine that I thought would be perfect for a quirky story that I couldn't find a home for. I submitted it and today I got a response from the editor. The response was one line long and had multiple spelling and grammar errors... it was badly written that I actually had to call someone else to help me guess at the meaning.

To make a long story short, he was offering to publish my story in a different ezine of his, which is non-paying. He didn't provide a link or even the proper name of the ezine, but when I got it figured out and found the site... yikes! It was a very poor knock-off of the original ezine I had submitted to. It had almost no content and had only been "in business" for a month. This second ezine didn't inform writers of what rights they're giving up or even the terms of use.

So I sent him a response, thanking him for his offer, but declining it. I also told him that I was withdrawing my story from his submission pile. I like seeing my stories in print, but I'm not that desperate. computer
Back to top Go down
https://inkslingers.canadian-forum.com
JerryT99
Bookmark Poster
JerryT99

Accolades : 1

PostSubject: Re: I'm not that desperate, thanks.   I'm not that desperate, thanks. EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 1:01 pm

Yowza! That sure sounds like the old bait-and-switch, doesn't it? Has the editor responded?
Back to top Go down
EmJay
Bookmark Poster
EmJay

Accolades : 2

PostSubject: Re: I'm not that desperate, thanks.   I'm not that desperate, thanks. EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 9:38 am

Sounds dodgy to me. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm not that desperate, thanks.   I'm not that desperate, thanks. Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm not that desperate, thanks.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ink Slingers :: Nuts and Bolts :: Publishing-
Jump to: